Home Park has been designated as a restricted residential permit parking area through the City of Atlanta Office of Transportation. A special parking permit can be obtained for on-street parking outside of the time limits posted on the streets.
Residents within an established Residential Permit Parking area may apply for a permit by contacting the Office of Transportation. The Office of Transportation issues parking permits and provides assistance to parking permit applicants and holders. The City of Atlanta seeks to ensure adequate on-street parking for residents and visitors. Motor vehicles bearing a special parking permit may be parked in excess of the time limits posted on streets within certain areas known as residential permit parking areas. (Ord. No. 2002-56, § 1, Sec 150-159, 150-170).
Applications for a residential parking permit can be submitted via e-mail, mail or in person. To reduce wait time when obtaining a permit, applicants should download and complete the application prior to their arrival at Atlanta City Hall. All applicants must bring photocopies of original documents to provide to the Office of Transportation with their application.
- Required documents include:
- Current Driver’s License for the driver of the permitted vehicle
- Proof of Residency (utility bill, signed lease contract, etc). Lease contracts must be signed by the landlord and the lessee/tenant. Lease term must be active at the time of application submission
- Current vehicle current registration must accompany all applications for residential parking permits
- The address provided on the application must be an address within a Residential Parking Permit area.
- Full-term permits are valid for one year and must be renewed annually.
- A permit shall be issued only to a motor vehicle owner or operator who resides on property that is either fronting or is located on a corner lot along a block face or has vehicular access from an included block face located within the residential permit parking area. Upon application and payment of the applicable fee, residential parking permits shall be issued in accordance with the following limitations:
- For single-family dwelling units (one residential structure containing only one housing unit), two residential parking permits may be issued for each valid street address.
- For multiple family dwelling units (including but not limited to, apartments, condominiums, attached dwellings, rowhouses and townhouses):
- Two residential parking permits may be issued for each legally constituted and existing dwelling unit in any two-family or multiple-family dwelling facility at a valid street address within the residential permit parking area where said dwelling unit has no off-street parking availability.
- One residential parking permit may be issued for each legally constituted and existing dwelling unit in any two-family or multiple-family dwelling facility at a valid street address within the residential permit parking area where said dwelling unit does have off-street parking availability.
- An annual Residential Parking Permit may be purchased for $20.00 per permit.
- Permits can be applied for in person, by mail or by e-mail
- To obtain a permit in person, applicants must visit City of Atlanta, Office of Transportation, 55 Trinity Avenue SW, Suite 4900, Atlanta, GA 30303.
- To apply for a permit by mail, applicants must send all required materials to City of Atlanta, Office of Transportation, 55 Trinity Avenue SW, Suite 4900, Atlanta, GA 30303 with the Attention to: Residential Permit Parking.
- To apply for a permit by email, applicants must include all electronic copies of supporting documentation with a completed application and send the required materials to DPW-Permits@atlantaga.gov.
- Upon receipt of a completed application, the Office of Transportation will process the application and approved applicants will be sent a permit in the mail.
- Lost, stolen, or damaged permits must be reported via emailing and contain the applicant’s name, address, permit number, parking area and a copy of their invoice.
- Replacement of a lost, stolen or damaged permit can be purchased for $20.00.
- Methods of payments accepted include personal checks, money order and credit cards. Do not mail in cash.
- All applicants that are using a credit card must visit City Hall at 55 Trinity Avenue Suite 4900, Atlanta, GA 30303 to complete the payment process.
- Furnishing false information to obtain a Residential parking Permit or using use permit in a fraudulent or unlawful manner is punishable by a $1,000.00 fine or 60days in jail.